Author Topic: uNetwork MAC-adress  (Read 6837 times)

intern

uNetwork MAC-adress
« on: September 10, 2012, 01:46:43 PM »
Hi

Is it possible to set the MAC-address up in the code?
Because i have a bit problem connection the board.
the boards Connection is to a local network.
What i want is to Communicate between two boards though a local network(a network with many pc on it). is that possible with uNetwork?
And if it is, then how do i setup the MAC-address on the two boards so i can communicate between them..?

i have one board on the local net, but how can i use LAN configuration web page?
i have tried to open the webpage but in the MAC address the value '?vM0' stand. So somewhere i have missed some settings but i can't find where..

Hope some of you can help me. :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 02:53:19 PM by intern »

Offline hervé

• View Profile
Re: uNetwork MAC-adress
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 09:22:28 AM »
Hi,

Just look at the network_default structure, then find ucOurMAC.
I your MAC address is null it can be setup from the telnet menu.

Regards

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 06:29:08 PM »
Hi

When a web page form the project is opened in a web browser it will display some variable as "?vM0". These are place-holders for the variables when displayed by the web server on the board.

If the web page is being browsed at the web server on the taget it should fill these with the correct values. If it is not doing this it means that the operation is probably not supported in your code:
- when the web server is started the call-backs performing this are defined as follows: fnStartHTTP(fnHandleWeb, fnIsSelected, fnInsertString, ucHttpProperties, HTTP_SERVERPORT); If the call back is not inserting the string it will display as seen (check in your fnInsertString())

Regards

Mark

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 01:43:11 PM »
Hi

If you mean the uNetwork protocol that is an option in the uTasker project for distributed communication - as described in http://www.utasker.com/docs/uTasker/uNetwork.PDF I would suggest that it represents both levels 3 and 4 (3 because it is a network layer above Ethernet and 4 because it acknowledges reception and handles timeouts and repetitions when messages are not acknowledged).

Regards

Mark