Author Topic: Converting utasker on Codewarrior 7.2 to latest version  (Read 3931 times)

Offline neil

• View Profile
Converting utasker on Codewarrior 7.2 to latest version
« on: September 19, 2019, 03:16:22 PM »
Hi Mark
  I have been using utasker on codewarrior V7.2 on an old windows XP machine for years, and as the machine is not working I want to run it on the latest nxp codewarrior on Windows 10. How do I update my utasker files to operate on the latest codewarrior on Windows 10 ? And what version of codewarrior will it run on?  I am using the coldfire m52259 chip.

Looking at the list of development software (as attached) Im not sure which one to download.

Many Thanks
Neil
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 04:18:10 PM by neil »

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Converting utasker on Codewarrior 7.2 to latest version
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 12:23:39 AM »
Neil

I find CW7.2 the best but it doesn't run on newer Windows that (about Win 7).
CW 10 (Eclipse) projects are included but I haven't used this for a long time either. I think they call it CW for MCU now but it looks to be the same.

Porting from CW 7.2 to CW 10 doesn't mean that new code is needed but a new project needs to be set up in CW 10 since CW 7.2 and 10 are not compatible in any way. The best way is to use the Coldfire V2 project's uTaskerV1.4 CW 10 project (this guide can be used: http://www.utasker.com/kinetis/compilers.html#CW10) to check that it builds with CW 10 (or whatever it is now called) for your target and then put your application files into its directory. Since Eclipse uses all C files it finds in the folder there should not be anything else to set up.

Regards

Mark

Offline neil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 04:11:23 PM »
Hi Mark
  Looking at the link , I dont have folders ".settings", ".cproject" etc.  as mentioned in the first paragraph . And also I dont have a "project_settings" folder, or any "."folder.   These things are mentioned before starting codewarrior 10.0.

Neil 

Offline neil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 11:32:53 AM »
Hi Mark
 After having no success with this. I somehow managed to get codewarrior V7.1 installed on my Windows 10, and works fine. I downloaded my license key(only key V7.2 worked, not 7.1) from NXP and all compiles and runs no problem. Not sure what I done to manage this, but I will be doing a image of my drive .

Thanks
Neil

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 11:50:01 PM »
Neil

I believe that the Coldifire project has these already at the root directory since this is the only Eclipse project being used.

If you have managed to get V7.1 working with Windows 10 you have been very lucky!!

Regards

Mark