Author Topic: Does uTasker support independent use of multiple I2C channels?  (Read 2414 times)

Offline tdrobnak

• View Profile
Does uTasker support independent use of multiple I2C channels?
« on: February 03, 2020, 07:52:16 PM »
Has anyone tried using two I2C channels on one microcontroller devices independently without issue?  The "uTasker Support Demo and Simulation V1.4" document describes using the I2C interface, but does not mention (or give examples) using multiple I2C channels independently: usSpeed, TxQueueSize, RxQueueSize, Task_to_wake.  Also, will the simulator be able to handle simulating separate I2C devices?

Thank you.

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Does uTasker support independent use of multiple I2C channels?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 09:58:38 PM »
Hi

Each I2C that is opened has a handle and so if multiple I2C controllers are used in the same chip there will be multiple handles available  [after each has been opened/configured] (each I2C can have its own speed and queue sizes) and each handle in independent.

Therefore two independent I2C applications can operate, each using its own handle; or a single application can manage multiple handles (depending on design preference).

It is similar to the UARTs, where each has its own handle and operates independently.

Regards

Mark