Author Topic: Problems with FTP using Filezilla  (Read 6894 times)

Offline seulater

• View Profile
Problems with FTP using Filezilla
« on: March 23, 2008, 03:15:13 AM »
I am using filezilla FTP program. it is having trouble sending files to my board.
hoever when i use a dos window and FTP that way i can send them just fine.
i have used filezilla for years with no problems, got any ideas why ?
the message i get in filezilla is:

Error:   Could not connect to server
Status:   Delaying connection due to previously failed connection attempt...

This just keep repeating about 10-13 times then it will start sending some of the files.

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Problems with FTP using Filezilla
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 11:29:40 AM »
Hi

Please check the documentation on the FTP server: http://www.utasker.com/docs/uTasker/uTaskerFTP.PDF

I haven't used Filezilla and it is possible that the uTasker FTP server it doesn't work with it - or needs a configuration change to do so. There are several possible reasons:
  • the FTP server is a single user server and some FTP clients (for some reason) try to use multiple connections (like IE7). By setting the FTP connection timeout differently it is possible to get around this in a fashion (see doc.)
  • the FTP client may be set to work in passive mode but the project configured to support only active mode. Check your config.h to see whether FTP_PASV_SUPPORT is active or not. It is possible that Filezilla also contains an option to use active mode somewhere
  • others which I don't know yet...

If you don't find a quick solution, please make an Ethereal recording of your transfer attempt and send it to me so that I can see exactly what is happening.

Note: the uTasker FTP server is intended primerily for developers to load their web pages and so it has a few restrictions. The result is however an integrated FTP server for the cost of about 2k of code space.

Regards

Mark

Offline thamanjd

• View Profile
Re: Problems with FTP using Filezilla
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 04:23:20 AM »
FileZilla needs both of the settings that Mark pointed out to be changed.

You'll need to change two settings in the "Transfer Settings" in the Site Manager setup for your "site".

1.  Change Transfer Mode to Active

2.  Check the "Limit number of Simultaneous Connections" box and set the number of simultaneous connections to 1.

When you transfer a file, it will show the long file name on the remote file tree until you refresh the file tree and it will then show the name that UTasker has set it to.

JD