Author Topic: LM3SXXXX Service pack 2 now available  (Read 9872 times)

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
LM3SXXXX Service pack 2 now available
« on: September 10, 2008, 03:30:02 PM »
Hi Luminary Fans

Please note that the SP2 is now available at http://www.utasker.com/software/softwareV1.3.html

This includes I2C and port interrupt support - this can be tested in the simulator using an example based on the DS1307 RTC and a second IRQ. Later I will add a short description of how to set this up and test it.

It also adds Keil uVision support to the V1.3 and boot loader projects - so Keil fans should now be able to use it 'out-of-the-box'. Again some notes on the particularities of this configuration and programming will be added later.

Regards

Mark

NOTE 1: This service pack needs to be applied to the SP1 project rather than the base project!
NOTE 2: If there is a compile error due to a missing define, please delete the file resource.h in the \Applications\uTaskerV1.3\Simulator directory (there is a newer file in the WinSim directory which will then be used correctly).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 01:28:22 PM by mark »

Offline aloft

• View Profile
Re: LM3SXXXX Service pack 2 now available
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 06:11:01 AM »
You mention that you tested the bootloader almost entirely in the Simulator.  I'd like to do the same thing because my LM3S6965 EVK doesn't seem to be updating.  It could be something as simple as a magic number mismatch but I think I'll need to step through the update in the simulator to tell for sure.

Is there a different VC++ project for the bootloader?

Thanks,

TW

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: LM3SXXXX Service pack 2 now available
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 03:09:25 PM »
Hi TW

Yes, this is correct - I do have a simulation project which allows me to do this.
However I decided not to 'publish' this due to the fact that it is generally not needed by users who usually only change a few set up parameters. Mismatches are quite easy to debug on the hardware by stepping through the first few lines of the routine fnCheckNewCode(UPLOAD_HEADER *file_header).
The file and its contents are checked there, and if anything doesn't match it returns and starts the original code again.

In order to work with the simulator it requires first simulating the firmware update in the application project and then transferring the simulated memory contents from this project to the boot project. It is not that complicated, but I could imaging (in the worst case) this being more of a challenge to get working than solving the problem on the hardware.

I use this (simulation) method mainly to develop and verify the hardware drivers for the specific devices.

Which compiler and debugger are you using? The latest SP has Keil support but this will not work with the Keil evaluation version due to the fact that it will add a 16k block of zeros - presumable to stop people using the evaluation version for small projects. See also the following: http://www.luminarymicro.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,5/id,2562/#2562

Regards

Mark