Author Topic: FTP Server stopped working  (Read 11700 times)

Offline Stan

• View Profile
FTP Server stopped working
« on: September 19, 2008, 08:42:07 AM »
Hello,

Today I saw a strange effect concerning uTasker's FTP Server. Yesterday everything seemed to be fine. Today when I run my device I couldn't open the ftp, I tried to open it through MS Explorer and I got a message which said:

"The folder "ftp://192.168.0.231/" is read-only because the proxy server is not set up to allow full acess.

To move, paste, rename, or delete files, you must use a different proxy. For information on changing your proxy contact your administrator."

After that it opened me the address in read-only mode and there was only the -r Empty file.

I'm not sure if it's problem in uTasker or in Windows or in my network because I erased the entire flash and uploaded the uTasker again but the problem still occurs. 

Offline Stan

• View Profile
Re: FTP Server stopped working
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 08:46:17 AM »
The strangest thing is that I've just tried to open it through my laptop and there was no problem, but I still can't open the ftp from my computer, do you know if there are some settings which I have to check. I should remind that I haven't made any changes from yesterday to now.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 08:55:35 AM »
Well I guess I fixed the problem somehow. I restarted my laptop and my pc and now I can access the ftp through my pc. But I still can't understand what happened  ???

Offline Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 09:25:58 AM »
One more thing to ask...what should I change to make the ftp password protected and where is the variable in which the password is defined? Thanks in advance!

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 12:58:29 PM »
Hi Stan

The configuration for authentication is described on page 4/12 of the following document:
http://www.utasker.com/docs/uTasker/uTaskerFTP.PDF

The define you need is FTP_USER_LOGIN, but this will not activate the login (just ensure that the support for it is in the code).
To activate it, the server has to be started with the flag FTP_AUTHENTICATE set. [it can then be activated or deactivated as required].

See also the the function description of extern void fnStartFtp(unsigned short usFTPTimeout, unsigned char ucFTP_operating_mode) at
http://www.utasker.com/docs/Code.html

The user name and password are defined by POINTER_USER_NAME and POINTER_USER_PASS.
These are defined in config.h

#define POINTER_USER_NAME parameters->boot_pars.cUserName                // define where the user name and password is taken from
#define POINTER_USER_PASS parameters->boot_pars.cUserPass

Therefore they use the values as saved in the user parameters by default. By redefining the pointers others can be used (or a routine called instead to decide from a data base).

Regards

Mark

Offline Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 02:16:12 PM »
Hi Mark,

Thank you for your quick answer! You have done great online documentary.
As for the http://www.utasker.com/docs/Code.html I saw that most of the links aren't working but I'm sure you will complete this and it will be great! Thanks!

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 02:24:48 PM »
Hi Stan

Fortunately the fnStartFtp() function is one of the first that has been documented in the (new) function documentation.
It is a lot of work but will slowly be extended. One problem is that sometimes new functions are added faster than they can be documented. For example there is now USB support (presently for the Coldfire) which adds another section - OTG (On-The_Go) extension will then add more, etc. etc.

Regards

Mark