Author Topic: SMTP : Callback goes all way through to SMTP_SUCCESS but email never arrives  (Read 8654 times)

Offline thamanjd

• View Profile
Ive been playing with the pre login version of SMTP using the web interface and my own routine. I also tried my own routine with the updated login version of SMTP. In both cases i've been unsuccesful in sending emails to accounts such as hotmail and yahoo and my own personal one. In all cases however the callback makes it to SMTP_SUCCESS.

I have been able to send it to a local account but in that case the email is being sorted by a local server PC in my office building so it never leaves the local network. Is it possible that some outside servers filter for unknown mail clients or something like that?

Also i just want to make sure what things have to be exactly right to have the callback get to SMTP_SUCCESS. If the login name was wrong? If the login Password was wrong? If the SMTP server IP was wrong?

The senders name/address is made up as is the domain

John Dowdell

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Hi John

Could you send me an Ethereal recording of the network activity when sending your email?
Note that even with authentication enabled your user name and password are quite easily decrypted from the data so it may be best to temporarily change these for the recording.

As far as I am aware, the only way that the SMTP_SUCCESS event can be signalled is when the connection closes corretly after doing all work and I have not heard of it reproting it after an error had occurred - in any case I would expect a specific error to be reported previously if the SMTP process were interrupted or failed.

Of course the sending of an email doesn't guarantee its delieverd. The delivery can only be confirmed by the receiver so you may find that there is some reason why the email is being rejected somewhere in the delivery process.

From an Ethereal recording we can confirm all internal workings easily and then take next steps in finding out why you have these difficulties.

Regards

Mark