Author Topic: Problem Building MCB2300 V3 board  (Read 8876 times)

Offline FOXY

• View Profile
Problem Building MCB2300 V3 board
« on: December 29, 2009, 08:28:48 PM »
Hi

I have 2 development boards.  
Olimex LPC-P7378 (No  LCD 144pin NXP-2378 chip)
Kiel MCB2300 V3 (2 Row LCD, NXP2368 100pin chip)

Tried 'getting started' on OLIMEX and it built fine for both DEBUG and GNU-Target.  Simulated and Ran fine in Hardware. UnDefined both SUPPORT_LCD and SUPPORT_GLCD since neither were appropriate for the hardware.

Tried the same with MCB2300 using a 'new' set of uTasker Files. changed to
#define LPC2368FBD100, #define KEIL_MCB2300, undefined SUPPORT_GLCD and defined SUPPORT_LCD.

Build (for DEBUG) failed  with

1>Linking...
1>LCD.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CollectCommand referenced in function __fnWriteDisplay
1>.\Debug/uTaskerV1-4.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I know Mark has tested MBC2300 but I don't know if it is the same version board (V3).

If I undefine SUPPORT_LCD it builds OK but of course looses a useful LCD panel.
Has anone come across this problem before.  If so is there a fix?

Being a total Newbie at VS, C and ARM7 I don't have sufficient confidence yet to go poking around in the innards of the code.

Thanks in advance

FOXY (Martin Fox)  

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Problem Building MCB2300 V3 board
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 08:49:31 PM »
Hi Martin

I take it that the VS build is failing with this undefined symbol; _CollectCommand() is a routine in the LCD simulator and wouldn't be used on a HW target.

Please try commanding a "rebuild" of the VS project. Sometimes VS doesn't rebuild everything correctly after major config settings have changed (I don't get this problem working with my old VS6.0, but have experienced it with newer versions - as have others too...). You may find that it then correctly rebuilds the LCD simulation file and then will also link correctly.

Regards

Mark

Offline FOXY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 09:07:05 PM »
Thanks Mark

Rebuild did it and Simulation builds OK.  B....y VS.

However when simulating (correct build as it now shows the 2 row panel), the IP and MAC are showing those specified for my OLIMEX (other) project. IP is set up to a different value for MBC2300 and MAC should still be all zero as I haven't been onto the simulated web-server yet to change it.

best regards

FOXY   

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 09:18:43 PM »
Hi Martin

This is normal. Each time you close the simulator it saves the FLASH content to the hard disk. When it starts again it reloads it. The LPC2XXX simulator uses the file FLASH_LPC23XX.ini to save the FLASH content to - it is the same for what ever board you use.
If you want to start from scratch (i.e. with empty FLASH content) simply delete the file \Applications\uTaskerV1.4\SimulatorFLASH_LPC23XX.ini.

You can of course also keep backups of certain FLASH content files and simply copy them back to the simulator folder when needed.

Regards

Mark

Offline FOXY

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 10:02:53 PM »
Hi mark

yes, i've read that somewhere in your extensive documentation, then promptly forgotten it again!

Thanks again for your cool support.

Martin