Author Topic: Keil Realview Demo Project  (Read 8491 times)

Offline bram

• View Profile
Keil Realview Demo Project
« on: June 10, 2010, 02:18:53 PM »
Hello,

I am trying to get the SAM7 demo running with the Keil Realview development suite (v3.1). I see that there are files in the \uTaskerV1.4_SAM7X\Applications\uTaskerV1.4\uVision3_SAM7X directory, but they do not seem to be the files necessary to get the project loaded into eclipse. Are these files for a previous version of Realview? If not, how can I get this working? There does not seem to be anything in the documentation about this, but maybe I just missed it.

Thanks,

Bram

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Keil Realview Demo Project
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 02:33:25 PM »
Hi Bram

The directory uVision3_SAM7X contains Keil uVision projects files.
According to the Keil web site: http://www.keil.com/arm/rvmdkkit.asp the uVision3 part is the IDE, debugger, simulator, but containing also the RealView compilation tool parts (Compiler/Assembler and Linker).

Since you mention Eclipse it sounds as though you are using Eclipse as IDE (Integrated Development Environment) and want to use the Realview compiler part to actually build the project.

In this case the uVision project files will not be of any use since they are just for the uVision IDE part. You may do best to follow the Eclipse guide here: http://www.utasker.com/forum/index.php?topic=34.0
The only difference is that, instead of using the GCC compiler and tools, you will be using the RealView equivalents. Exactly how this is configured is another question but maybe you know already or can copy a reference supplied by Keil?

Regards

Mark

Offline bram

• View Profile
Re: Keil Realview Demo Project
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.

It turns out that the installation disk I used was for the ARM (the company, not the processor) version of the realview MDK. This version uses the Keil compiler and debugger, but uses eclipse for the IDE instead of Uvision.

I have no desire to make this any more complicated than it already is, so I will be installing the correct version from Keil that uses the Uvision IDE.

Please consider this issue resolved.