Author Topic: Compiler V7 limitation!!??  (Read 8665 times)

Offline bert

• View Profile
Compiler V7 limitation!!??
« on: March 30, 2008, 01:16:07 PM »
Have anyone seen this:

Project Error 202049.This IDE is not licensed for full functionality; limit of 32 files-per-target. To obtain a full license for this product, please visit www.freescale.com/codewarrior or call (800)521-6274. For international sales & support, visit www.freescale.com.

Reading product page at Freescale it suposed to be limited to 128k code size, not 32 files??

Any ideas?

Thanks!
/Bert

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Compiler V7 limitation!!??
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 03:08:02 PM »
Hi Bert

This is really not normal. The CW for NE64 has this limitation but not the Codfire. I wonder whether you have CW for HCS12 on the computer and it is somehow being confused and reading the license from this one?

Try searching for and (temporarily) removing any license files (usually in the CW program folder somewhere).

Otherwise try downloading the CW V7.0 special edition from the Freescale web site in case you maybe received a slightly different version.

Regards

Mark

Offline thamanjd

• View Profile
Re: Compiler V7 limitation!!??
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 05:16:17 PM »
Had the same problem.
I installed CW7.0 off the CD that came with the M52235EVB and got the same 32 file limitation message.

I then uninstalled it, downloaded the latest one off the freescale site and installed that and didnt get the restriction message after that.

And as a side note, the P&E usb multilink debugger would not make any connections at first attempt but uninstalling the P&E drivers i had installed for other CW using the hcs08/hcs12 BDM and then installing the latest drivers fixed this issue (after several PC resets due to driver installation).

John Dowdell