Author Topic: Using LCD with EVB9S12NE64 and uTasker demo project  (Read 9809 times)

Offline ZappaMan

• View Profile
Using LCD with EVB9S12NE64 and uTasker demo project
« on: November 04, 2008, 12:29:31 AM »
I have the NE64 evaluation board that has the LCD port on it.  The demo uTasker does not show anything on the LCD when connected after enabling LCD_SUPPORT in config.h  It works fine in simulator.  I then reasoned that originally the software was written for the DEMO NE64 board which does not have the LCD port pre-configured. SO, I tried to use the regular GPIO ports indicated in config.h (changing the code so that the LCD data pins use PTG instead of PTG) Then I wired in the LCD. Still not doing anything.  How can I get LCD working with the demo project using this EVAL board?  Ultimately, I need to display status messages with LCD as well as using web interface. Thanks.

I also have the Coldfire DEMO52233 board that I was going to use for this project but decided to go with older board due to lack of I/O on the Coldfire DEMO. (What I really needed is the EVAL borrd for Coldfire).

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Using LCD with EVB9S12NE64 and uTasker demo project
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 01:56:08 AM »
Hi

If you can, check the signals quickly with an oscilloscope to be sure that the port changes are correct.
If you adjusted and the simulator still worked it should be OK.

Are you powering the LCD with 5V or 3V3? Best to use 3V3 if connected directly. Also need to check that the contrast voltage on the LCD is correct. If not it may be working but you are just not seeing anything - with 3V3 supply LCDs tend to need about -1V (negative) to get them displaying something. With 5V it is usually slightly positive.

Regards

Mark