Author Topic: New to uTasker  (Read 9563 times)

Offline Promosys

• View Profile
New to uTasker
« on: December 23, 2008, 01:55:16 PM »
Hi,

1. I just found out about uTasker via Luminary forum.

2. We are using the LM3S6965. We are currently using the IAR 32K software. But might migrate to Code_red because of heavy investment needed by IAR.

3. We are in search for RTOS, FAT32 (SD Card) and TCP/IP.

4. I have spent few hours reading through your documents. I think uTasker is a type of RTOS and does not support FAT32 file system (or HDD and memory card can be used).  Correct me if I am wrong.

5. uTasker support LM3S6965 and IAR, but no indicated if it will support code_red.

6. uTasker have good support for TCP/IP.

7. Is there any document to help to explore the uTasker and IAR (or preferably code_red).

8. Can you please recommended any FFS (FAT File System) add-on (preferable FREE or lower cost) which can work with uTasker. We need to interface to SD Card.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
M.Pathma
Promosys Technology
MALAYSIA
www.mypromosys.com

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: New to uTasker
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 03:55:15 PM »
Hi

4) Yes, you are correct, the uTasker presently supports its own file system (uFileSystem) which allows interaction between files from internal FLASH and/or external SPI FLASH but not a PC compatible FAT based one for SD cards. The uFileSystem is very efficient and suitable for most embedded projects but if FAT support on SD cards is required it need another solution.

5) The project is presently delivered with IAR4.4, Rowley, Keil uVision and GCC projects. An IAR5.2 project is now ready in the development version and so will be released with the next Service Pack. The GCC stand-alone project should be suitable for working with CodeSourcery, Eclipe or CodeRed.

8 ) I believe that some users have implemented SD support (but probably not with the Luminary device). If you search the forum for "SD" and "FAT" you should find something and possibly a contact. Since this is not included in the project at the moment it is however not supported in the project.

Note that the Rowley solution may be interesting for your project since Rowley is also GCC based (like CodeSourcery) but it includes good support and a very good debugger, supporting most JTAG hardware. It has a better price tag than the IAR and Keil solutions.

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 05:00:12 PM by mark »