Author Topic: Email  (Read 9639 times)

Offline johnr

• View Profile
Email
« on: September 06, 2007, 04:19:49 PM »
Hi,
 I defined SMTP and FTP in config.h and uploaded the web pages. The LAN config page
shows all the values I programmed in applications.c, except the DNS server is not shown.
In the admin page the fields initially display garbage, ie "?vX2" etc except password and
the SMTP server addr field is disabled. When I enter a value in the SMTP IP field and
save it, it display as garbage again.

Thanks,
 John

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Email
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 11:00:46 PM »
Hi John

The SMTP configuration page is new since SP3. In the release notes:

add the following to config.h to include SMTP login authentication and configuration
#define USE_SMTP_AUTHENTICATION             // support login when sending Email
#define SMTP_PARAMETERS                     // support SMTP parameters in parameter system

Without USE_SMTP_AUTHENTICATION the SMTP client will not support authentication.
Without SMTP_PARAMETERS the client will use hardcoded settings from application.c and the web interface parser will not understand the HTML codes like '£vX2'. Once you set this define the approprate code will be switched in and then it will work correctly.

Regards

Mark

PS. If anything is not understood by the html parser (webInterface.c), do a search for the the code (eg. 'x') in the case above. Then you should be able to see which block it belongs to and why it may not be active.

Offline johnr

• View Profile
Re: Email
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 04:55:20 PM »
Thanks Mark, I can send a test email ! Now I'm going to start
going through the documentation :)

John