Author Topic: USB Support for AVR32  (Read 15164 times)

Offline kmjackson

• View Profile
USB Support for AVR32
« on: June 23, 2010, 03:44:44 AM »
When I enabled the USB_INTERFACE macro, it gave an error stating "USB_HW is undefined".
Does this USB stack supports the AVR32 mcu's?

Thank you
Kenneth

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: USB Support for AVR32
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 09:50:57 AM »
Hi Kenneth

USB is not supported in the present AVR32 package.
This is in an early stage of development as can be monitored here: http://www.utasker.com/docs/AVR32/USB_AVR32.PDF

It is hoped that CDC (Communication Device Class) and MSD (Mass Storage Device) will be available in in the not too distant future. MSD is now working in the Coldfire development version (http://www.utasker.com/forum/index.php?topic=828.msg4260#msg4260) and is being debugged on the SAM7X [note that USB is probably one of the more difficult peripherals since each controller has its own method which needs a fair amount of experimenting before it is fully understood - debugging is quite complicated since the USB connection will almost immediately reset when a break point is hit, resulting in more analysis and trials before getting everything right.]

Regards

Mark

Offline smpletch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 07:48:52 PM »
Has USB support been added to the AVR32 version yet?

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 10:15:53 PM »
Sorry, still an open point.

After investing two or three weeks work getting AVR32 studio working I do sometimes wonder whether it would have been better to invest this time in completing some real projects - the USB stack for AVR32 would have taken less time I expect. But seeing as there is not much else out there for AVR32 debugging (apart from IAR for the companies that can afford it - I believe it is about $6'000 per user) I suppose there was no real alternative in the long run.

Regards

Mark

Offline kmjackson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 01:17:28 AM »
Hi Mark,

Did you ever got around to implementing the USB stack for AVR32?
              Full-speed USB Host/Device/OTG (USBB)
Thanks,
Kenneth

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 10:48:51 AM »
Kenneth

Not yet, but device mode may be coming up qite shortly now: the USB projects have been (not yet all but getting there) updated with Mass Storage Device and the USB-MSD Boot Loader and I think that the AVR32 will then be next in the queue...

Regards

Mark

Offline kmjackson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 02:33:35 PM »
Thank you and where can I download the latest verison?

Offline mhoneywill

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 09:48:44 PM »
Don't know much about AVR32 but you might want to investigate this link http://www.fourwalledcubicle.com/LUFA.php might help with USB support on AVR's

I seem to remember the programmer was talking about AVR32's at one point, maybe an email to him might get some more info

Cheers

Martin