Author Topic: Post method  (Read 8340 times)

Offline chronosdino

• View Profile
Post method
« on: October 23, 2008, 01:47:01 PM »
Hi,

i have seen that the post methos is operational on µTasker.
However, i want to send data in the memory.

I want to know where and what a have to change or adapt in the µTasker code for using it.

My webpage is thisone :

Code: [Select]
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html Lang="fr">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache" charset=ISO-8859-1>
</head>

<FORM action="upload.html" name="form2" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<INPUT type="file" name="file2">

<INPUT type="submit" value="send2">

</FORM>

<p><a href="dl.dat" type="application/x-octet-stream" action= "dl.dat"><b>Downloading configuration</b></a><br>
</html>

i want to write the file in a special memory block

for exemple : from 0x10000 to 0x12000

thank you for the time that you take for me !

Chronos_dino

« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 03:38:52 PM by chronosdino »

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Post method
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 04:39:20 PM »
Hi

Yes, the post method is supported. Posting parameters and/or files is possible.
Your example shows the file posting method being used, so you can use the firmware upload in the uTasker demo project as reference.
You need to activate SUPPORT_HTTP_POST for the basic support to be enabled. To accept binary files you need SUPPORT_POST_BINARY, for text you need SUPPORT_POST_TEXT

The thing to remember is that you can either post to a file (similar to transferring a file via FTP) or you can post to the application (see fnHandleWeb() in the demo project to see how the application handles the events CAN_POST_BEGIN, INFORM_POST_FAILED and INFORM_POST_SUCCESS.
This is controlled by the posted name - eg.:

<form action=HS.bin means POST to the file "H.bin" - the file will be stored there, and serve the page "S.html" on completion
<form action=B0.gif  means POST to the file "B.gif" - the file will be stored there, and serve the page "0.html" on completion
The application can still decide to cause a different page to be served if desired.

<form action=*S.bin is special since it means that the file content should be passed to the application for handling (special character *), rather than saving to the file system. For this to work, the configuration SUPPORT_HTTP_POST_TO_APPLICATION should be set.
In this case the application will receive the event POSTING_DATA_TO_APP on each frame received, where
http_session->cDisplayFile is 'S' in this example and will cause this file to be served on completion, if not changed by the application, but can also be used to distinguish between various different application posts.
http_session->FileLength is the length of the present data frame being received
*ptrData is a pointer to the present frame being received,

The technique of posting to the application is useful when the posted file is not to be saved to the file system (FLASH) but rather be handled by the application, which may parse its content or sent to on to another post - like UART, I2C, SPI, CAN, USB etc.
I don't think that the demo project actually has an example of this (at the moment) but it is best to experiment using the uTasker simulator since these events can then be easily analysed and new code developed.

Regards

Mark