Author Topic: Sourcery and M52233DEMO  (Read 6335 times)

Offline jpa

• View Profile
Sourcery and M52233DEMO
« on: April 08, 2011, 09:36:52 PM »
Are there linker scripts available somewhere for Sourcery G++ and the M52233DEMO board?

Anything else that needs to be done to get it running?  Flashed the pre-built image in and everything's great.  Simulation is great.  GCC build...not so much. 

Got the code to compile and link, flashed it...nothing.  Suddenly sometime later it seems to have sprung to life after something timed out. 

John

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Sourcery and M52233DEMO
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 10:05:22 PM »
Hi John

If you compile and run with the simulator and chose the GCC post build target it will build the GCC object (as you probably know). You can check that the project is configured for your processor and board from the information the silumator shows. If it is showing the M52233DEMO board as project the GCC build should also be correct.

There are two objects built, using linker scripts m52235evb-rom.ld and m52235evb-bm-rom.ld. These are suitable for the M52233 without any changes. Make sure that you load the uTaskerV1.4.s19 and not uTaskerV1.4_BM.bin (or s19) since the second requires the boot loader to be loaded too.

I don't know how the board can initially do nothing but later start running. I haven't heard of such a thing before.

Regards

Mark

Offline jpa

• View Profile
Re: Sourcery and M52233DEMO
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 09:45:48 PM »
Mark,

My mistake...apparently the USB BDM on the board must be completely unplugged after programming with CFFlasher.  Reset and even the On/Off switch didn't do it.  When the board suddenly started working later (and the serial port was spitting out messages about an SDCard timeout) I mistakenly assumed the two were connected. 

GCC build is up and running.

John