Author Topic: IP V6 on kinetis  (Read 7206 times)

Offline Kuroro

• View Profile
IP V6 on kinetis
« on: April 22, 2011, 08:35:54 AM »
Hi mark

I saw that the kinetis version of utasker support the IP v6, i do some test on the tower kit and i was able to ping the board but neither the web serer nor the ftp was available.
Did these function was currently supported by utasker for kinetis on IPv6 ?

Thank's
Best regard

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: IP V6 on kinetis
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 09:26:21 AM »
Hi

There is some basis IPv6 support in the project but this doesn't interface to UDP or TCP at the moment - the extent of the work is documented here: http://www.utasker.com/docs/uTasker/uTaskerIPV6.PDF

Regards

Mark

Offline Kuroro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 03:35:42 PM »
Hi mark

Thank's for you're answer, do you have preliminary release date for the full IPV6 satck ?

Regard's

Offline Kuroro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 09:29:50 AM »
Hi mark

you haven't preliminary release date for the full IPV6 satck ?

Regard's

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 10:49:36 PM »
Hi

I am sorry for the long delay in answering. The problem is mainly that I have been thinking long and hard how I can answer the question...

Presently I can't offer a date since I don't know when I will be able to work on the projects and also how fast the progress will be, but here are the most concrete thoughts:

1) I believe that the Kinetis project will become the most important uTasker project. It always takes some time for new devices to become established and also the project's support to become adequate in terms of functionality (the chips has a lot of features and so it is clear that it also takes a lot of time to support all of them - the support is however already good and will get better as time goes on). That also means that the Kinetis is being used as test vehicle for general developments too.

2) The first thing on my list is a new uTasker file called "Time_keeper.c". This will in fact be an optional task which includes everything to do with time, date, etc.
Presenty there are various demos in the project and a few missing things that I woudl like to bring together in a flexible manner, like:
- Time Server
- SNTP
- External RTC
- Internal RTC
- Gregorian calendar management (especially for simpler RTC which are seconds based; like the one in the Kinetis ;-)
- IEEE 1588 (as in Kinetis, but also in some Luminary and ST parts)

3) IPv6 Dual Stack completion
This now occupies position 2 on the list. I expected that IPv6 would be demanded much more that it has been and the fact that it hasn't is the reason that it has taken a back seat again. I am convinced that the situation will change shortly and that means that the work has to be ramped up again quite shortly.

Regards

Mark